A Dozen “Will-Nevers”
There’s a fellow named Seth Godin. I’m not certain how I started getting messages from his blog. I don’t even know what the fellow does for a living. (Shouldn’t that be the purpose of the blog?)
All I know is that he manages to send a message about every other day.
Here’s one he wrote for sales people. I felt it applied equally to folks in development work. I’ve added a few “will-nevers” Can you guess which ones?
- I will never miss a deadline.
- I will never be less than optimistic.
- I will never fail to warn my boss about a possible problem.
- I will never violate a confidence.
- I will never over-sell a program or project.
- I will never let a donor down.
- Even when things get tough, I will never be less than passionate about my work.
- I will never be late for a meeting.
- If I get a no from someone, I will never be discouraged. I will consider it a maybe.
- I will never let anything keep me from being in regular contact with our friends and supporters.
- I will never gossip around the office.
- I will never be less than loyal to my supervisor and my organization. If I can’t be, I’ll find another organization.
If you have any to add, let me know.